Sunday 4 September 2011

Catching up!

What a busy August! phew, Visitors and family and days out! Now i'm catching up again  and getting a little time in my studio, not as much as I would like but at least i'm caught up with my August Calendar and have actually got September ready! and it only the 4 September!  I have thought of giving up, but decided to keep trying  I know I would miss it.  The calendar challenge is run by Kate Crane of thekathyrnwheel.blogspot.com  check out all the enteries they are all fab.  Here is my August page

and the september page
The birds are a Dylusions stamp with Tim Holtz tape around the edges of the page ive used golden fluid acrylics paints and scraped them on over gesso and stencilled.

I attempted to do the blog hop yesterday for Art From the Heart's Birthday celebrations! but once my Granddaughters arrived I didnt get to finish it, i was too busy playing hide &seek! i will try later to day when I get a spare hour!  From what I did manage to see all of the projects looked fabulous, generously shared techniques and I found loads more blogs to follow!  Would love to get to the www.afth.co.uk birthday bash on 10/11 September, but unfortunately can't  boo hoo.  I'm sure they will all have a fabulous time.
Im off on holiday shortly and would love to take a journal with me to do, i've been trying to prepare pages (I can't take all of my paints! or ink sprays!) and Im stamping like mad and cutting out so all i'll have to do is finish the page....I will have to take some background stamps but luggage is restricted so can't take them all :( I could fill three bags with stuff! but am down to just one wish me luck!

As if I didn't have enough stash now there are lots of great stamps; inks; papers etc etc on the market just at the moment and i don't know about you but i'm having trouble deciding what to buy! Watch this space I'm about to start shopping next week!

Happy crafting!

Bye
Maggie x


6 comments:

  1. i love your pages, off to check out dyan's bird stamps now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pages! Love the colour. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant pages, love the background for September especially!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your September page - the dylusions birds look fab! And you can't give up the calendar challenge because I won't let you hahaha!! Good luck with your travel journal :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice colour choices. I love your chicken wire stamp and your paper in the background of September. Have fun

    ReplyDelete