Monday 24 January 2011

Back to porridge!

Ive been back over a week now from my trip to New York area.  As I predicted I never got any journalling done (in fact I didnt manage to pack any stash ) I didnt make it to the Ink Pad shop and only one trip to Michaels crafts! why? Well I had two beautiful Twin Granddaughters to cuddle and that was all I wanted to do! Spending our time with our new granddaughters was more important and very precious.

Its taken me over a week to recover from jet lag and to catch up with work and empty cases! I have been in my studio yesterday and to my horror I realised what a mess it is in I really need to have a good sort out and tidy up.. trip to Ikea coming up for yet more storage ! This will be my priority this week - I always feel blank when there is toooo much clutter around, my mind is full of ideas that I want to try out so its a good incentive to get clearing first.

I also need to think about preparing the February calendar page as February is just around the corner! looking forward to that. 


This is a postcard sized piece I did a little while ago.

Distress ink in wild Honey & Rusty Hinge spattered with water (love that effect) the stamp is Tim Holtz + the words and Twinkle & Marci (love Marci!) are stampotique stamps - stars are german scrap.

I haven't managed to Journal this week ! there just arent enough hours in the day or days in the week at the moment .  still its only Monday, Im sure I can sneek a journal page inbetween the clear up!

Send arty vibes my way please!

Bye

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment