Saturday 1 January 2011

New Year - New Beginnings

Happy New Year and welcome to my First Blog Post!  I have been Blog hopping for some time now and have been inspired by the many talented artists who so generously share their creations and techniques.  Today is the day!  the first day of the first month of the New Year 2011 seemed to be a good day to start my blog.  However its not as easy as it looks! I'm hoping to get this posted before midnight but I have lost so many posts in the last two hours! 



I have been following The Kathryn Wheel Calendar Challenge 2010 and decided I would enter the 2011 challenge.............
I have also started Art Journalling and can confirm that I am hooked! obsessed even!  I will post some pictures of some of my pages but first I need to understand Blogger better! Please bear with me whilst I figure it out!  I also need to perfect my photography too! Ive had a new camera and haven't quite worked out the best way to use it yet! I'm sure I'll get better with practise!

I enjoy playing with ink, acrylic paints, water soluble crayons and spray inks - love rubber stamping, stencilling and collage etc, Love altered art, working with paper, canvas and mini books.

I have decided to stretch myself this year and make more art, enter challenges, this blog is my first step on that road I hope you will join me.

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my blog and please pop back again.  Please leave me a comment I would love to hear from you.

Bye for now

Maggie

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland!!! What a great way to start your own blog :-) Beautiful colours on your Jan page and gorgeous flower stamp. Good luck figuring out Blogger.... (it's not too hard really!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!!! Love the beautiful lilac colours! I have never done this type of craft before, so I am sure I will learn loads! Thanks for your inspiration! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogland, it's addictive! Love your January page and the stamp you have used. I am looking forward to this challenge and seeing more of your pages! I have become a follower of your blog...I want to see more of your art journal pages!

    ReplyDelete