Sunday 24 March 2013

Time Flies!

My first post of 2013!  Time flies and Life races on! January was a great month for me, I had the pleasure of my twin Granddaughters, son and Daughter in Law come from New York for a visit! It was a very busy time, keeping up with 2 two year olds! and it snowed !  Absolutely no time for any art play, but I managed to take some supplies on a trip to Florida at the end of january and managed to make 3 art journal pages! plus I also bought more supplies! February passed in a blur, I didnt manage any art time then either! March arrived and also my new Dina Wakley Book!  yeah I managed one art journal page! inspired by this fabulous book!


A week ago today I drove to Harrogate with Bernice Hopper we were off to Art from the Heart to spend 3 wonderful days with the fabulous Dina Wakley! We had the Gelli Printing Class and then 2 days of Art journalling in layers.  Monday morning we woke to Snow! and I also had a sore throat and stinking cold! The class was fabulous and I was throughly hooked on Gelli plate printing, we made lots of prints on various papers and then made some of them into a book, we also made some stamps from fun foam and used them in our book, which is not quite finished!lol
here are some samples, I loved the vellum/parchment paper prints also the deli paper



On Tuesday the snow had almost gone, but my cold got worse and now I was coughing a lot! my sincere thanks to the lovely ladies on my table,  Bernice, Ann & Sue who were very tolerant  of me  leaving the table every so often to go outside & cough! Art journal in layers was a very busy intensive class, so many wonderful techniques to try out and learning to layer with paints, inks, stencils etc, the day went so quickly.  Last day was just as busy! so much paint and ink and stencil fun interspersed with my coughing! ( it was a bad asthma bout & I am now taking steroid tablets to improve it, but it wasnt fun at the time)  I didn't manage to finish my book this time either, but its almost ready to be glued together & hopefully over Easter i will spend some more time on it.
This is one of my favourite pages, I just love the textures and dimension

Its amazing how many layers you can add to a page ! dont think I managed the 40 layers Dina was hoping for! As always Dina make the class so much fun! with so much information and encouragement we cant fail!  Thank you Dina!
I should have counted the layers on my hands! they took a long time to clean up! lol
Thanks also to Dyan @ Art from the heart, I loved your yorkshire pie!! it went a long way to making me feel much better! and to Ben for keeping the shop so well stocked with so many tempting goodies!
Thanks for stoping by for this rather long post! hoped you enjoyed your visit, dont forget to leave me a comment.

X Maggie


2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing the finished project Maggie, hope you're feeling a lot better by now! don't think i'll get this comment posted - i'm on the third lot of letters to decipher and going nowhere fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was lovely to see you Maggie on the gelli plate class - it was fab wasn't it. Your finished book looks wonderful - as do your layered pages! the challenge was 40 layers you say? ha, I took the class when Dina first ever came to Art from the Heart and it was a mere 20 - I think I just about managed it, with a little 'colourful' counting!

    ReplyDelete