Saturday 10 March 2012

Dina's Workshop!

Last Thursday 1 March, I travelled to Harrogate to attend a Dina Wakely workshop at Art from the Heart!
3 Days of arty fun!, Friday, Saturday & Sunday.  We danced! we sang! we laughed and most of all we played with gesso, texture paste, paint, stencils, pan pastels, inks and stamps! First off Dina showed us the 'Poetry in Motion' book we would be creating, then in Dina style, shared the techniques to create it with us!  Dina is a wonderfully relaxed teacher, encouraging, and supportive, there are no mistakes! and we don't have to do it her way! We all started with the same pieces of white paper, but everyone finished with different designs,  it was amazing to look at the finished projects,  they were all fantastic!!

Here are the first few pages in progress,






and the book made up, although Ive not totally finished it as I need to add some images and more poetry,
I'm very pleased with the result and especially drawing the face! that was nerve-racking! thank goodness for the magic stabilo pencil, it works wonders!




The whole process  was very enjoyable and I especially liked stamping on tissue paper and adding the stamped pieces to the book with gel medium, the tissue paper seemed to disappear and the stamped image looks so good.

A visit to Art from the Heart would not be the same without seeing the Lovely Dyan! and of course its a chance to add to my ever growing stash!!

just look at those flying pigs! so cute! I love them!(Paper is Graphic 45 Old Curiosity Shoppe)

It was a throughly enjoyable weekend , with lovely company, hopefully I will be able to go on another one soon!

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog, thanks for stopping by

xMaggie

3 comments:

  1. Maggie - your book looks amazing - I didn't get to see very much of everyone's work - That's one of the bits of "Dina advice" I shall remember for the future - "Go check out other people's art" - she's right - it inspires! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie I love youe take on the book, and loved meeting you all. I'm hoping to finally finish mine this week, I came back with a very sore right hand (tendon damage)and have been resting it all week. Just didn't feel the pain til I got home. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to meet you too, hope your hand is better soon so you can finish your book! And your ledger! X

      Delete